“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
This year, your Chamber continues its commitment to “create an environment for healthy economic growth,” in Hunterdon County and continued to provide superior value for our membership. Your membership and support enables the Chamber to focus on this economic growth for our county, which benefits you, our members.
In 2017, the Chamber continued to take a very active role in advocating on a variety of issues that impact all of us in Hunterdon County. Another example is our support of the redevelopment plan for the County seat, Flemington Borough. This will ultimately result in jobs to our local area but most importantly, it will bring confidence back into the commercial real estate market that is so needed today.
The economic impact on a project like this real; new jobs mean more business for our local professional services, restaurants, shops, etc… All these pieces of the puzzle make for a strong County economy. There are many other examples in which we act as an active advocate for businesses and organizations here, in Hunterdon County and throughout the State.
Here are some other areas that the Chamber is focusing on to stimulate commerce development in our county:
- Representing business interests on a federal, state, county and local level
- Our active support and engagement with Opportunity New Jersey
- Informing members of critical issues worthy of their attention and/or action
- Supplying member services and communication tools that connect business with opportunity
- Connecting individual companies toward specific identified outcomes
- Sponsoring cost effective learning/educational programing for all organizational levels, such as our annual Women’s Leadership Summit
- Strengthening our local economy
- Developing community leaders through Leadership Hunterdon
- Maintaining a forum for discussion and action on industry-related issues
As our county faces increased competition, like the rest of our region and state, the “Business Voice” of Hunterdon County needs to be heard now more than ever. The competition for business will continue and the Chamber is committed to retaining a strong business community and strong economic growth for our membership.
With a membership renewal rate over 86% each year, increased program participation and support from many organizations through sponsorships, your chamber is poised for a strong 2018. However, we do not take any of that for granted. The Chamber recognizes that only healthy members can ensure a successful Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce and we will do everything we can to help you thrive. An investment check means more than working capital for the organization. It represents an endorsement of the work we have done in the past and a statement of trust in our future direction. The Chamber will work every day to earn that trust.
With best regards,
Christopher J. Phelan
President & CEO
Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce